Who You Are Matters

Where do I come from?

I technically come from San Francisco, but I was raised in Redondo Beach, California. Despite leaving San Francisco before I was two, I like to think that my body knows I was born there because of my love for weather that doesn’t exceed 65 degrees.


My favorite part of San Francisco


Where am I going?

I’m going somewhere. I’m only 20 so I couldn’t tell you exactly where because life always changes your plans. I do feel that I’m on a path of great success, happiness, and richness. Right now, that means I’m moving to Denver when I graduate to work at an accounting firm and eventually start my family.


The Rocky Mountains

How do I plan to get there?

I’ve been planning my escape to Colorado since the first year I traveled there for more than the obligatory “my parents are divorced visit to the non-custodial parent”. I’d say I’ve already gotten myself there. I have both an internship lined up which should feed into a full-time job and an established support network of friends and family.


How am I like my parents?

I’m more like my father than my mother. My father and I have the same values, sense of humor, music taste, idiosyncrasies, and overly specific preferences; I’m unmistakably his daughter. I’m like my step-dad in stubbornness only.


How am I unlike my parents?

I’m unlike my mother in ways that are products of our upbringing. She is very kind and always willing to put others' needs over her own. Despite her best efforts, I did not come out with the same sense of obligation. I think my father refused to raise a daughter who thought she owed anyone anything, and he certainly won that battle.


Have I developed my own expectations for myself?

I know I’m operating under my own expectations because I have a physical incapability of doing things just because someone else expects me to; I’d be a terrible 1950s housewife.


I'm actually a decent cook, but this is the right energy

My role model

My close friend Heather is the exact embodiment of living life with great passion and personal responsibility. She has endured more than anyone in 33 years of life should have to go through. What I admire about her most are her resilience and enjoyment of life in every aspect. I strive to be like her.


My connection to the animal world

I feel most connected to wild cats, specifically pumas––but not in a Tiger King sort of way. When faced with their strength, agility, and cunning you have little choice but to respect them and I strive to have some of that energy in my being.


My connection to nature

Water has always been my grounding point in nature. As a child, anytime there was a fountain or a pond I was drawn to it, and my mother had to drag me kicking and screaming out of the ocean after our beach days.

Isn't that relaxing?

My birth chart

I’ve done my birth chart before and I think it makes a lot of sense; that is if I choose to ignore the argument that astrology is written to seem relatable to anyone. My sun is in Aquarius, my rising sign is Leo, and my moon is in Scorpio. I’m not surprised that I’m missing an earth sign.


Comments

  1. Hello lucy,

    Very cool blog! I’m relatable to the part where you talk about you’re still figuring out “where you’re going” in your twenties, and I’m sure that you’re on your path to great success and happiness. Best of luck!

    Damien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy, I am also from the SF Bay Area! Except I'm from the East Bay where it gets wayyyyy hotter than 65 degree unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy, great blog! I am jealous that you already know where you want to live after school. Colorado looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the style you have added to your blog, it really helps to give us a better idea of what you're like. My sister goes to CU Boulder and I have some family out there, so I too love Colorado!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts